I know fast food is unhealthy.
I've watched the grease drip off my burger.
I know those nuggets are covered in oil.
I've seen the previews for "Super Size Me."
I know McDonalds stands condemned.
I don't want to gain weight, BUT McDonalds feels like HOME!
I'm going to be honest.
On more than one occasion I've heard my American friends here say, "Ohhh....my stomach is really uneasy today....I think I'm going to eat some McDonalds to settle it down." This may sound ridiculous, but in a country where your other option might be "spicy chicken and peanuts" McDonalds could really be the best choice.
So....I'm admitting my affection for this friendly, well lit, temperature controlled, brightly colored, familiar place I abbreviate as McD.
You can imagine my surprise and disappointment when the "perfection" was ruined yesterday by a popular Black Eyed Peas song. I was sitting near the indoor playground. Some of the cutest Asian kids you can imagine were innocently laughing and climbing around. Then in the background I hear, "What you gonna do with all that junk..." I won't write the rest of the song lyrics, but I promise McD was NOT playing the edited version.
I was torn between laughing and telling the manager "maybe you should save that CD for the late shift?" I decided not to talk to the manager b/c I realized my inability to properly translate some of the lyrics. (they just don't teach us that stuff in class) I ended up laughing at the hilarity of the situation, specifically the 30ish Asians eating lunch blissfully unaware of the vulgarity in the "cool American song" blasting through the sound system.
If only I had a Starbucks nearby...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment