I have some of the greatest EA friends.
For Example:
I received a text message (on my phone) from my friend Lamb. It read as follows...
I am so sorry. I can not meet with you on Wednesday. (note: it's Sunday) I have broken my leg. Perhaps it is serious. Maybe I will not return to school this week.
Poor Lamb! I was on a crowded bus, so I couldn't call her right away. But, 20 minutes later I decided to check in with her. When Lamb answered the phone, I was completely at a loss for words to say. She was crying so hard that she was barely able to say "hello." All I could think was Why did she answer her phone? What did she do - break her leg and then grab her phone to let me know she couldn't make it to lunch 3 days later? Is she sitting somewhere on the side of the road with a compound fracture and I'm forcing her to speak in her 2nd language on the phone when what she needs is a doctor? (I kept the run on sentence to maintain an accurate recording of my thoughts)
It turns out Lamb had JUST broken her leg. She wanted to text me on her way to the hospital.
Like I wrote before - I have some of the greatest (and apparently most devoted) EA friends!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment